Saturday, August 7, 2010

Look at my nails, I'm responsible. You wanna gimme a job?

That was what I was going for with this:
Maybelline Express Finish 50 second nail color 35 Sheer Satin Slip (2 coats)
Maybelline Express Finish 50 second nail color 10 Base & Top Coat


This is after three days of wear, no chips or peeling! Happy about the wear, but Sheer Satin Slip is super runny and difficult to apply. Can you see the streaks on the index and middle fingernails? Oh how I hate streaks. The pinky fingernail is the same colour as the bottle, a nice sheer pink (as the shade name suggests). Also it stays true to the product name and dries quickly.

I felt so naked and strange with nude nail polish. Even my mum, who bought the nail polish (for herself, not me) commented on how weird it is to see my nails without colour.

Even with my nail polish efforts, no job yet. *cries*

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the job front! Your post title totally made me LOL! I gotta admit, sheers and pinks aren't quite my thing, but I guess if you're at work, you're at work! Even then, I think it doesn't look bad on you at all!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've answered your q in more detail on my comment respose on the blogpost, but the short answer that I'll put here is: I honestly don't know because I never had the original cream. I don't think they're all that different, though, maybe the LE version might have a bit more shimmer. Also I suspect the colour of the shimmer might be different (silver instead of gold) but from photos of people wearing it, it just looks like a generic off-white sheen on, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL well your mum is a bit of a meanyhead! You'll have to let us know if this method worked at procuring you a job ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like one of those jelly polishes that would look nice with a french manicure, I don't think that's considered a nude nail polish though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No job with this - but I got a placement! Better than nothing.

    Daphne- I agree with you, this would be nice with a french manicure, since its runny as well. Though it isn't nude, I consider it nude since its so sheer XD

    ReplyDelete