There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't you dare start chipping on me on the first day of wear!

Oh yes. These two started chipping on the first day of wear. Even with a base coat and top coat. *twitchy eye*

Etude House nail polishes are super cheap, so I suppose I shouldn't have had such high expectations. BUT the GR601 Pop Green Slush was great and lasted three days without chipping or peeling. So Etude House nail polishes are kinda a hit-and-miss I suppose. The two here are PK004 Pink Salmon, and BR301 Red Tea Milk. I was confused with their colour-coding, because PK should be pink and BR should be brown...these two may need swapping around.


Etude House PK004 Pink Salmon:
I don't know where they got "salmon" out of this colour. I don't have any other colours like this one so I can't give a comparison. The photo is pretty close to what it looks like in real life. I think its a nice sophisticated pinky-brown, a little like a typical MLBB lipstick shade. Here I applied three coats, because I had missed some patches (Note to self: don't apply nail polish in the dark while watching TV). One coat was a sheer natural colour, but it was a little streaky. Applies pretty well, not too runny but not gluggy. Oh but the CHIPPING. The next morning I found a chip. How did I chip it while sleeping I am unsure, but it did.


Etude House
BR301 Red Tea Milk:
The name of this shade is perfect. Red tea milk. I love this colour, in real life it is more a mute milky browny-pink. Applies brighter than the bottle and is a similar consistency to the PK004 above - not too runny, not too gluggy. Two coats in this picture, but one coat seemed pretty good too. Sheerer than this obviously but still a nice colour without streaks. This one peeled/chipped the next afternoon, I applied it at night so within 24 hours of application.

Do dry hands cause chipping?

4 comments:

  1. I like the neutral pink but the bright pink is so pretty and lively. The name also makes me crave Milk Tea with Lychee jelly. >.< You describe polishes really well btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I'm pretty sure we need to go get bubble tea now. NOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright pink isn't really bright in real life. It's a tad toned down. Thank you, I try to describe them the best I can XD

    I had bubble tea today. Roses green milk tea with pearls. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried EH BR 301 just recently, but I wasn't pleased with the result. The polish chipped the same day and it gave me yellow nails in two days. Wahhh! :(

    ReplyDelete