Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oh no! A smudge!

So here I was, painting my nails away as I do on a quiet night in... and I smudged my polish before it dried. I do this quite often, and generally I redo. But on this occasion I had repainted my nails about three times (because the first shade was too streaky - I'm looking at you Lemon Fizz! - and the second shade was not shiny enough - Galaxy Girl), and did not feel like redoing them again.

When I smudge my nails and I'm too lazy to redo, I use my handy little nail stickers. So this was my long-winded way of explaining why I have flowers on my thumbnail. To the review...

Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish 198 Azure:

I bought this on sale a while ago, but haven't had the time to swatch it. With exams over, I wanted to wear a bright colour, so this seemed suitable.

This polish is slightly runny but only required two coats for opacity. It comes with a flat brush, which depending on preferences may/may not be a good thing. But this brush is nowhere near as fat/flat as the Xpress 1 sec brush by Rimmel.

The colour in real life is slightly darker than in the photos, but I guess that depends on the light too. It has tiny shimmers, and is a bright blue with very slight teal leanings. "Azure" refers to the colour of the bright clear blue sky, and I think naming the shade as such is misleading because the shade of this polish is darker.

It dries quickly (but then I used Seche Vite topcoat, so this could have sped up the process), and hasn't chipped in two full days (but again, Seche Vite).

p.s. So much for not wearing bright coloured nail polish to work. I wore this to work on Monday and no-one mentioned anything. Ahahaha all the stress and removing nail polish before work for NOTHING! I'll be wearing any colour I want to work from now on (until they tell me off).

3 comments:

  1. This colour, I love. I also like the jelly beans you posted below. A blog about nailpolish is highly original. Thanks for sharing the inspiration and drop by me too when you have time.

    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate it when you're ALMOST done your polish and u smudge it. it sends me over the edge sometimes that i redo all my nails LOL. lovely blue color btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the small flowers are adorable~ Before I started to get gel nails regularly I was obsessed with nail stickers and I demanded to only use the rubber/silicon types since the plastic ones always broke or did something funny one me. The blue is such a pretty shade and Im amazed that it lasted two days without chipping! good job!

    p.s thanks for the sweet comment on my decorations =P

    ReplyDelete