Friday, September 2, 2011

Wear it Purple Day: Inglot 834

Friday 2nd of September is Wear it Purple Day. Here's part of the blurb from their Facebook page.

Wear it Purple has a simple message: “You have the right to be proud of who you are.”

We exist in order to raise public consciousness on the issues surrounding rainbow youth suicide. We express this in three platforms: advocacy, support and education. We are run by high school students and university students. Every year on “Wear it Purple Day”, we ask people everywhere to wear purple to school, university, work, or other public venues to help raise this consciousness.



Purple is one of my favourite colours, so I'm doubly happy to take part!


As I was picking my nail polish from my stash, I realised I don't have very many purple polishes. I don't even own ONE purple creme. I have variations of purple - lavender, fuschia - but not straight purple :(

So I'm wearing... Inglot 834, a plummy purple with blue shimmer/sheen.




Purples are so hard to photograph, maybe its a good thing I don't own very many. In real life Inglot 834 is MUCH redder. The blue sheen just masks all the red when I try to capture it. I even tried using my phone camera, but the result was the same.

Two coats for these pictures, and it was prone to brush-stroke marks. The formula is very thin, and it took a while to dry. *sigh* pretty colour, but a PITA to work with. 



PS. I'm struggling with uni and work at the moment, so blogging's become less and less frequent. I will try to post at least once a week though.

5 comments:

  1. Wahhh I forgot to wear purple :( Maybe I'll do a look tonight when the rents go to bed, since it'll be September 2 tomorrow for the rest of the world. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love the shade of purple in this polish, its very pretty! :) by the way im your new follower hun, :) love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn I missed it. I'll have to ad it to my diary so I don't miss it this year.

    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award: http://www.prettypurplepolish.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely! Please email me for exciting news about the Gumleaf Mafia! woo!

    kaz@pretty-random.com

    ReplyDelete